Friday, June 15, 2007

Gutentag from Luke

Guten Tag everyone from Germany!
This is me, Luke. My family is having a great time in Germany. We had a long trip to get here, but we finally made it! We had 4 flights to get here. The first flight was from Dayton to Philadelphia, and then from Philadelphia to Amsterdam, which is in the Netherlands, also known as Holland. That flight was 8 hours long and we spent the night on that plane. On the trip the Netherlands, there was a 1 hour delay in the waiting, and when we got on the plane, there was another 2 and a half hour delay. Because of that delay, we missed our flight to Berlin, and instead had to take an extra plane down to Frankfurt, and then to Berlin. Our next flight was from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, Germany. And finally, a flight from Frankfurt to Berlin. From Berlin we rented a car and drove the rest of the way to Wittenberg, Germany, which is where we are now. By the time we got to Wittenberg, we were over 10 hours late. L
Once in Wittenberg, we came to our hotel, The Luther Hotel. It was very nice, and we slept very well. The next day, we explored the city. We had a tour, talking about many different things about Wittenberg. We learned about Martin Luther and saw where he nailed his 95 theses on the door of the Castle Church. We also saw where he was buried in the Castle Church. We went to the church, St. Mary’s, where he preached many times. My dad has preached twice so far. I feel my jet lag when he does—just joking. J
Last night, an American professor of German, Dr. Jean, walked us to a very cool German High School called HundertwaBer, (pronounced HOON-durt vasser). When you see me, make sure to ask me about this school that looks like Dr. Sues designed it.
Today, my family and I went to a public swimming pool. It was awesome!!! It had a waterslide that you could go down anyway you wanted and there were 5 diving boards. One was SUPER high, 2 were pretty high, and 2 where low. I went off the SUPER high one a billion times. It was a blast!!! Hope to talk to you all soon!

Your friend,
LUKE WIESE

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luke,
Whenever I jump off the high dive, I remember you in Germany. And I hope that you will have more good trips to lots of other fun places this summer.
Miss you,
Jackson